Methi Paratha

, , No Comments


When I wake up every morning, after a cup of hot tea, the next thing that hits my mind is what needs to be cooked for every meal. Sometimes it takes a lot of my time and energy just to think what different I can cook for breakfast/ lunch/ dinner. At times, I have the wheat dough left over from the previous night's dough, it's a good idea to make parathas. Variety of parathas are often made at my home as my better half is quite fond of them. These are often made at my in-laws place and I learnt them all from them. This parathas are for those times when we run out of fresh stocks in our kitchen. Opt for the bunch of dried leaves, they work quick and easy. Today it's turn for Methi Parathas in a different style!

Here's what we need:

1 bunch kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp salt
lemon sized wheat dough (refer Roti recipe to prepare the dough)
Oil/ghee/butter

Roll the dough to a 6' circle. Smear and spread a little oil at the centre. Sprinkle little salt and chilli powder with 1 tsp of kasoori methi and keep it at the centre of that circle. Now, fold the dough to quarters and roll it to flat triangular breads. Heat an oiled iron griddle, transfer the paratha to the hot surface allowing it to cook partially on one side. Turn, allowing the other side to cook partially. Now oil the upper surface of paratha facing to you. Turn and allow the paratha to cook. Oil the other surface, turn, cook the other side as well. The parathas are done once they have black spots and look cooked. Serve hot with curd and pickle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment