Cantaloupe/Musk Melon Smoothie

, , 1 comment


Sometimes, some of the best things in life are just to relax and pamper the self at home. Plunge into the couch, grab a cushion, read a book with a soothing good music playing in the background... they can give so much happiness than anything else. It can transform a low spirit to a happy heart. And along with this, a good partner to chit chat with and enjoy a nice lemonade or a slush or even a hot cup of tea! Wow! Why can't I do this everyday? I wish I could! Our hectic lifestyle leaves us with little time to spend moments like these, but this is something which I thoroughly enjoy and would love to do whenever possible.

This is exactly what I did this weekend. Relax and revive! Adding to this, it was fun as I got back to my artistic skills of painting after a long time. My skills had almost scraped away and got rusted as I hadn't got to sketching or painting for a very long time. Now after a year or more, and after constant push by my hubby, I thought I had to revive my passion again and that's exactly what I did.


On the food side, I made a Smoothie from Cantaloupe or what we commonly call as Musk Melon in India. This round melon with a netted, often ridged rind and aromatic orange flesh is an excellent coolant and will surpass any other smoothie drink on a bright sunny day. Strangely, I am not really fond of this as a fruit by itself. But I thoroughly enjoy it in fruit salads, milkshakes, as an ice cream, or simply mashed with a little honey or sugar. The brilliant flavors of cardamom add to the distinctive taste.


Cantaloupe/Musk Melon Smoothie

INGREDIENTS

1 Cantaloupe/Musk Melon, cut to pieces
A little ice cold milk/cream
1 tbsp sugar or to taste
1 pod cardamom, freshly ground

DIRECTIONS

Wash and remove the skin of the melon fruit. Scoop the seeds out and cut into pieces. Blend the cut melon pieces with little chilled milk/cream and sugar till it's well pureed. Musk Melon has a mild and melt in mouth taste. When blended it becomes smooth.

Add a little freshly ground cardamom powder and serve in glasses. Add a little more cardamom powder for garnishing. Enjoy this refreshing drink.


For the summer fast approaching, the days getting hotter. With the onset of summer here, I am sending this coolant drink to Madhuri of Cook-Curry Nook who is hosting an event, Summer Soothers I: ‘Juices, Shakes, Smoothies' for this month.

1 comment:

  1. Luv the cantoloupe smoothie here. Beautifully presented. Ya truly said, some simple delights definitely make us feel more relaxed.

    ReplyDelete