Mixed Vegetable Curry

, , No Comments


I dislike my fridge being loaded with tit-bits of this and that and when I do often find them mortifying in some corner of the fridge it brings agony to my face. You see, I cook food sufficient to be consumed and finished in maximum of two meals. I dislike eating the same the third time. This leaves me with more work, more of chopping, cooking and cleaning, but at the end the meal is more satisfying. Atleast, I know I enjoy every bit and bite of it :) Considering that I do often have leftovers of many raw vegetables in my fridge often. My best way to use common vegetables like carrot, beans, capsicum, peas, etc is by pairing them with sweet corn cobs. They couple very well with these veggies and add subtle sweetness to this dish. And to go a bit off track with the regular garnish of coriander leaves, I opted for dill leaves which doubly enhanced the flavors.


Mixed Vegetable Curry

INGREDIENTS

1 medium carrot
10 beans
1 medium capsicum
150 gm sweet corn kernels
1 onion
1 potato
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tomato
1 tsp oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste


DIRECTIONS

Wash and chop all the vegetables to medium to small bite sized pieces. Heat oil in a pan. Let the cumin splutter. Add onion and grated ginger. Fry till the onions are translucent. Add potatoes and fry next. Once they are partially cooked, add tomatoes and stir for sometime. Next add carrots and beans. Allow to cook for 2-3 mins on medium heat. Then the capsicum and sweet corn kernels. Add the salt and chilli powder and cover with lid and allow to cook for a few mins. Check for the vegetables to be just cooked. Once done add in finely chopped dill leaves and remove from the stove. Transfer to the serving dish and garnish with dill leaves. Serve hot with phulkas or rice.

Wasn't that simple and an easy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment