Sesame Rosemary Bread

, , 2 comments


I have been fairly successful in my attempts at making bread. They taste equally as good as the bakery bought ones, so I am happy. I also don't find a too tedious task making them at home. However, baking them for as long as 50 mins to an hour is a real test to my patience.

It has been fun baking bread at home, but honestly, I don't often make them. I find Indian breads more quicker as they need no fermentation time. However, when I do find time, I enjoy making them. I wish I could make them more often. I had a small batch of homemade dried herbs which I had prepared a few weeks ago. I use them often in Italian seasoning and salads. They go very well on toasted garlic bread. So I decided to use them on my bread. These were primarily dried Rosemary. I made these over the weekend and they were really good. These tasted fresh and heavenly when warm. The next day, we toasted leftovers with garlic butter and relished it with strawberry compote. They were good enough to make my day!


Sesame Rosemary Bread

To prepare the bread:

5-10 gm dry yeast
1 tsp of Sugar
1 cup warm water
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp Olive oil
Salt to taste

Dissolve dry yeast in warm water with sugar. Leave for 5-10 mins to dissolve and become frothy. Next mix the wheat flour and all purpose flour with salt to taste. Add in the yeast, water and oil till a soft pliable dough is formed. Cover with a warm towel or cling film and leave it to rest overnight in a warm place.

Prepare the dressing:

1 tsp Olive oil
1 tsp dried herbs or Rosemary leaves finely chopped
1 tsp Sesame seeds

Heat some olive oil in a pan. As it gets hot, add in the rosemary leaves and sesame seeds and take it off the flame immediately. Allow to rest overnight so that the flavors infuse well.


Next morning, the dough would have risen and doubled in size. Grease and dust the bread tin. Transfer the dough gently to the baking dish. Gently dimple the bread with Sesame Rosemary oil and allow to rest there for about an hour.

Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Bake the bread for 50 mins to an hour till the top looks crusty and brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the rack for sometime. Slice them as preferred. This compliments well with steaming hot soup and can go great on a rainy or cold day.

2 comments:

  1. I have a question about the process, what/how do you 'dimple the bread with sesame/rosemary oil', meaning how should it be done? Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my fingers to dimple the bread. You may use a fork alternatively and prick the bread too.

    ReplyDelete