Chinese Hakka Noodles

, , 4 comments


I am hell bent on not trying the Indian cuisine when we dine out at restaurants. Although most Indian restaurants expertise in good Indian food, I opine that we dine out for a change in the regular food we eat. It doesn't make sense to me to eat Tadka dal or Chole or Palak Paneer, unless if the hotel offers great Indian food and is known for that... On the other hand, I have come across people who just love to stick on to the same menu every time they eat out. I wonder how one never gets bored! For me it's a BIG NO NO! I love my life and food with a difference... be it Chinese, Italian, Mexican or even Middle Eastern food... Since we do not make them home very often, it's a pleasant change to dine outside once a while. And whenever we do, we love to explore different cuisines.

Being vegetarian does not limit our options. And that does not stop us from eating good food either. We even love and enjoy even basic stuffs like salads! One common kind of food that Indians often love to eat out is Indo-Chinese food. I am not sure where and how this concept evolved, but it definitely is a hit in this country with a large population of people loving street side food. Though I have never been hooked by street food considering cleanliness factors, most people would beg to disagree me on that.

Whenever we have such cravings, I make them home with much lesser oil and salt than what we get outside. One such food favorite of mine is simple flavorsome Chinese Hakka Noodles. I adore them truly. I made them over the weekend and they tasted wonderfully good.


Chinese Hakka Noodles

INGREDIENTS

2 cups Hakka Noodles, boiled and strained
2 tsp Garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp Red chilly flakes
1 small bunch Spring Onion
1 onion, diced
1 small capsicum, diced
1 tbsp shredded cabbage
1-2 green chilly, slit vertically
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 1/2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste

DIRECTIONS

Cook noodles in boiling water as per the instructions on the pack.

In a wide mouthed pan/kadai, heat oil. Add garlic and green chillies and fry for a minute. Add onions and fry till transparent Now add capsicum and fry till it tenders. Next add shredded cabbage and fry for another minute. Add spring onions and continue frying for 2-3 minutes more. Now add boiled and strained noodles and salt (to taste) and mix well. Add soy sauce and tomato and mix it well. Top with red chilly flakes for spice. Hakka Noodles is ready to be served hot.


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics!!! Wow...they sure seem to taste good :) Paddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouth-watering. I am gonna make this right now. I can't stop to think how good these can be. Do you have the recipe for Manchurian also? Please post, if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks folks. Glad you liked the pics.

    Do let me know Lovleen, how these turned out to be? I hope you like them.

    Regarding recipe for Manchurian, I would be posting them too. So keep watching this space for more to come.

    ReplyDelete