Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes

, , 22 comments


Yet another time of the year when spirits soar high and love is in the nip of air. Town is painted red, roses and hearts have flooded markets in bounty.

Here we have the coveted Valentine’s Day! And here's me wishing everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!

It's Monday and my workplace has been painted in colors of red to keep the Valentine spirits alive. Been asked to dress in shades of reds, a walk into the office and red and white heart shaped balloons tucked into AC vents, hanging from the ceiling have surely got us into a mood. Roses distributed by the Fun club committee at my workplace sit adorning my bay. This helped trigger a gossip amongst colleagues, who's seeing whom, where, what, blah, blah, blah, a great way to boost energy and lighten the Monday blues! Who doesn't love gossip anyways? ;)

My DH loves surprising me. I am a spoilt sport at it. Earlier the day, DH did surprise me with a bouquet of roses, something I had least expected, considering both hardly discussed if we would indeed celebrate the day together in anyway. Both had to rush off to work for a busy day we had to look ahead to. An unexpected me stood bare handed only to receive them. None to return :(


Color red amazes my eyes, it's bright and peppy. Fiery as it is, it has a calmer effect on thy self. The color brings in life, passion, energy... perfectly right for the significance of love. If not a celebration for the day, I am happy to be soaked in it's colors for the moment.

Last year I had the time at hand to bake a cake for two. This year was different. I had in mind to bake something special, but couldn't make the time called for it. Hence these simple Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes are great for sudden rescue. A decadent solace!


Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup powdered sugar (plus or minus a tbsp depending on your taste)
1 cup milk/soy milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

DIRECTIONS:

Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C. Arrange the paper liner into the muffin cups.

Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, baking powder, baking soda in one bowl. Mix well.

In a separate bowl, add in all the wet ingredients like the unsalted butter, milk and vanilla extract.

The recipe is fairly simple. Add the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and gently fold till its well combined. Transfer the cake mix into the prepared muffin cups. Bake approximately for 20 mins or till done.


The cake is not too sweet, just right for our tastes. Taste the batter and add in more sugar if preferred. The cake almost has a texture of sponge cake. Moist, yet extremely soft and chocolaty. Add in a few chocolate chips to the batter and it will leave you totally amazed. Probably a topping would have made these more sinful. But who cares? These were decadent as is. Small bites, yet absolutely heavenly!

I am almost mastering the art of eggless baking. A few flip flops, a few successful attempts, I am getting to know the knick knacks of a successful eggless baking. It's been fun and I am enjoying it thoroughly for sure. I hope this makes a great treat for your Valentine and you too. Enjoy!

I am sending these to the Monthly Mingle theme "Small Bites – Soul Food for your Loved Ones”, hosted this month by Astrid @Paulchen’s Food Blog.

22 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you too dear..Chocolate egg looks incredibly delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and super tempting cupcakes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cup cakes looks scrumptious and i loved all u r photographs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy valentine day to you and your family this cupcakes looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful treat for a perfect day!

    Happy V day to you n your loved ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy V Day to u dear and thanks for making these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eggless and so fluffy, luv it. Perfect for the occassion too

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks yumm ... we didn't have a major Vday celebration. My husband got my some chocolates on his way back from work & i was happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so yummy cup cakes.. Just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that looks super cute and very moist.. beautiful pictures as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mallika
    What a lovely blog you have.I am going through your archives,you have such a great range of recipes and lovely photographs. i am so glad you dropped by so I could find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is the thought that counts :) having said that, I am exactly like you - never can come up with surprise and accept the surprises speechless with a silly grin in my face.

    I adore those little cupcake moulds. where did you find them?

    chocolate cupcake is always a nice gift, for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Soma, those moulds are actually jelly moulds which I had purchased a yr ago for a different purpose :) But I eventually ended up using it to hold my cupcakes and they work fantastic. My cupcakes hold a nice shape too. And though I have a proper muffin pan at hand, I somehow love using these. Very convenient :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy V-Day to you too MD, albeit a little late! The cuppie cakes look great, and they're eggless to boot, so yayyyy! They seem to have a nice fudgy crust. Did they?
    I'm definitely giving this a try sometime soon and will let you know how they turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, my name is Irina, I'm Russian but I live in Italy for many years, I'm always looking for new friends and new recipes from around the world. A pleasure to meet you and your blog. I sign up as your following, and if you want to reciprocate and follow of my blog, I'd be happy! A hug, and the recipes look. . .

    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really like this recipe as you can take everything from the storecupboard (in case you don't have an egg). So is there a knack to eggless baking?

    ReplyDelete
  17. these look great! ive been searching for an eggless chocolate cupcake recipe for my workmate so thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmmmm..... really yummy recipe shared from your side with all. I loved the way you have presented the cupcakes. I will surely prepare it and take to my grands pa house as he is found of chocolate cakes.

    Thanks for Sharing,
    Cake Shop Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tried to make Chocolate Cupcakes. The recipe was quite simple and easy to follow. Cup cakes turned out to be awesome.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Ayami. Glad you loved them. Thanks for letting me know :)

    ReplyDelete