Chocolate Walnut Brownies

, , No Comments


Another dessert to satisfy my sweet tooth! During our recent trip to Munnar, we picked up a good batch of homemade dark chocolates. We have almost finished most of it, but before it could get completely over, I wanted to save some for my favorites brownies. I recently picked up a pack of good walnut kernels from the nearby store and they were crisp, crunchy and absolutely fantastic. I have always loved dried fruits and nuts and they have been on my list of 'must-have' in kitchen. They add flavors to the dish and make it really rich.

My previous attempt at making Best cocoa brownies were a good success. They were gooey, fudgy and loved by all. However, they were made using cocoa and not dark chocolates. This time since I had dark chocolates at hand, I didn't want to miss an opportunity to make walnut brownies. I must admit that these brownies were more rich in flavors, fugdy and deep chocolatey. Walnut added a great crunch and complimented the chocolatey fudge very well. My only regret, I wish I had made a larger batch of these as they disappeared the day they came out of the oven! They went perfectly well with our evening tea.


Chocolate Walnut Brownies

INGREDIENTS

200 gm bittersweet dark chocolate
100 gm unsalted butter
225 gm cup sugar
A pinch of salt
2 large eggs
150g plain flour
½ tsp vanilla extract
A handful of chopped walnuts


DIRECTIONS

Melt chocolate with butter in a double boiler over barely simmering water until the chocolate melts and dissolves with butter. Stir frequently till it is smooth. Set aside for it to cool a little.

In a glass mixing bowl, add the eggs and sugar. Beat well till it turns pale yellow. Add the vanilla and a pinch of salt. Fold again. Next, stir in the chocolate butter mixture. The batter will look thick and shiny now. Then add the flour and blend everything well. Add in the nuts finally. Line the baking tin with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spread evenly on a baking tin.

Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Test with a toothpick. The top would look like a cake, center may be moist. That's how we want it to be. Do not over-bake the brownie. Remove and cool completely. Cut into squares or rectangles. Serve warm as is or as brownie fudge with hot chocolate sauce and ice-cream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment