Baby Corn Pulao - A Guest Post from Sharmis Passions

, , 11 comments


Over the years that I have spent blogging on Vegbowl I never had a guest post and I wonder why? Having spent three years on this blog passionately, I should have ideally done this task earlier, probably been inviting more bloggers to write and share their recipes on Vegbowl. Somehow I kept procastinating on this. Better late than never, I have decided to invite my pals and blogger friends to help me share and fill my space with recipes and thoughts that they wish to pen down here. It's a good start I must say and that will kill any monotony in my style which I have been carrying throughout here. Do you wish to be a part? Mail me now!

To begin with I am incredibly happy to share my guest for the day Sharmilee as she shares her recipe for Baby Corn Pulao on Vegbowl with us. Sharmilee is an extremely talented blogger from Coimbatore, India and blogs on Sharmispassions. Her website has been around since 3 years and has gained immense popularity as she hosts a huge reportire of varied dishes ranging from starters to desserts with immense efforts that are shown in her step-by-step recipes and droolworthy photographs. I have been a huge fan of Sharmilee's work and I am glad to invite her to my place. Thank you Sharmilee for gracing my virtual space with your fabulous dish.


I always admire the pics at Veg Bowl and love MD's writing style, I never miss to read them. When she approached me for a guest post, I had no second thought as she is one of my fav and inspiring bloggers and a good friend too :) Thank you MD for the opportunity.

Recently vegbowl has moved to its new home and I wish MD and Vegbowl good luck in all the future endeavors!

Coming to baby corn pulao recipe, I recently tried this from a magazine, it was a instant hit at home so thought to share it with you all.



Baby Corn Pulao

Basmati rice - 1 cup
Water - 1.5 cups
Baby Corn - 8 cut into small pieces
Big Onion - 1 cut lengthwise
Curd - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste

To Temper:

Bayleaf - 1/2
Cinnamon - 2
Cardamom - 2
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tsp

To grind:

Big Onion - 1 chopped roughly
Garlic - 5 pearls
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
Turmeric powder - a genrous pinch
Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Dhania powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2

Method:

1.Grind the ingredients listed under 'to grind' with little water and grind to a fine paste. Soak basmati rice for 15-20 mins, drain water. Add a tsp of ghee and saute the rice in a pan for 2 mins till the moisture leaves. Set aside.


2.In a pressure cooker, heat oil + ghee add the items listed under 'to temper' saute for a minute. Then add onions and saute till slightly browned. Then add the masala paste and baby corn, saute till raw smell completely leaves.It may take around 5-7 mins.


3.Then add curd, required salt and give a quick stir. Then add rice and water and pressure for 3-4 whistles in medium flame. Wait till pressure releases then fluff it up with fork gently without breaking the rice.


Serve hot / warm with onion raita.


My Notes:

• You can use the same recipe to make sweet corn pulao too.
• Adjust spice level according to your taste buds. The measurement above is medium spicy.
• You can serve it with plain or onion raita


Thanks Sharmilee for sharing your recipe here. It is an honor to know such a fabulous blogger like you!

11 comments:

  1. Glad to see the guest post....:) Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow awesome dear...luv this recipe...very new and inviting ...btb luv the pics and presentation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot Sharmilee in taking time to do this post for Vegbowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore sharmis blog too.. And kudos to her for posting the step wise pictures as weell.. It just makes me wonder how people manage work, home and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mouthwatering here, what a terrific and super tempting....
    bangalorewithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another delicious baby corn recipe for me to try! Looks very yummy and pretty at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI..lovely recipe..easy one..worth a try...do visit my new blog manjuzkitchen.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi...I like this recipe...innovative yet simple.. Surely I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete