Chocolate Biscuit Pudding

, , 25 comments


My countdown begins as I have just about a week to go. My heart is aching as my maternity leave comes to a fag end and I shall soon resume work full time. Time has flown so quickly and my tiny tot is in her fourth month. Resuming work won't be any easy as I leave my little one behind and shall be away for 10 odd hours. My heart wrenches and eyes wet even as I think of being without her. I have been her throughout the night and day all these months, almost every minute. Staying away from her with be a challenging task for sure.

On another note, we have named her Ridhi and we love her name. It's unique and means wealth/ prosperity/ success/ good fortune in Sanskrit. Hunting a name for her was an ardent task in itself. Hundred odd names were looked up, many suggested by our near and dear ones, mostly to be rejected. Blame me. I am choosy. My better half was not any better. I had many conditions, so did he :) Name should be unique, be meaningful and hopefully should be associated with some God or Goddess... etc, etc, etc...


As kids we had couple of common names in our class that would lead to an awful confusion while names were called out. Fortunately enough I did not face such incidents in my high school or pre-college, but, I have been through it while in my graduation where I shared my name with another girl for four years. I am hopeful she won't have any hassles of facing half a dozen similar names in her class :D I would often blame my parents as I never liked my name till Ms. Sherawat made my name popular! I know it's thinking a little too ahead, but least, as she grows old she would not blame us as I did!

As my countdown to join work begins, I am going into a panic mode. The passionate cook in me hasn't been able to cook or bake much and with me resuming office soon, I fear if I will be able pursue my passions. I am hoping I should, for the love of cooking and blogging. For moment I'm feeling positive.


What I have for you today is this Chocolate Biscuit Pudding made using microwave method instead of the traditional stove-top one. I've made this sort of a pudding cake earlier in vanilla flavor and have received several positive reviews by my readers on it. In fact, it's one of the most popular posts on my blog and I am glad it's received well since it's been a never fail recipe for me personally.

I have been using microwave quite a lot off late as it simplifies my work a tad bit. I am loving to make eggless custards in microwave as there is no hassle of custard settling at the bottom. Just mix in everything and microwave for a few minutes, stirring them in intervals. I bet you will love this method too.


Chocolate Biscuit Pudding

INGREDIENTS

1/2 lt full fat milk (approx 2 1/2 cups)
2 tbsp cornstarch
200 gm sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder (+ more if you prefer darker)
100 gm Marie biscuits
A few tbsp of warm milk
Chocolate vermicelli to decorate

DIRECTIONS

Microwave method: Dissolve all the ingredients in a microwave safe pot and microwave on high for about 8-10 minutes or till thick. Stir the mixture in regular intervals of 2 minutes. Check the consistency and microwave further if it's not thick enough. Ensure it's thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove and allow it come to room temperature.

Stove-top Method: Dissolve the cornflour into 1/4 part of milk and set aside. Bring rest of the milk to a boil. Pour in the cornflour milk mixture in a gentle stream, stirring the milk continuously. It's best to do this in a non-stick pan.

Dip each biscuit in warm milk and lay them side by side on a pudding plate. Spread the prepared pudding onto the biscuit layer. If you want to make a cake, follow up with another layer of biscuits and pudding. Fill the pudding into piping bag with star nozzle. Sprinkle biscuit crumbles on the pudding layer and pipe decorations on the prepared cake. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Decorate with chocolate vermicelli on top before serving.


I made this pudding as a weekend activity while my hubby was baby sitting our daughter. It's super quick and easy using microwave method. The pudding sets well in the refrigerator and tastes great cold, so I suggest you do that. I admire art in any form. The creative side of me has hardly been able to explore much of cake decorations, except for the Black Forest Cake I made for dad last year. I'm inspired by blogs who can pool in so much time and patience to blossom their creativity in practice. I'm sold instantly. This pudding is a testimony to satisfy that urge in me to decorate cakes. It's magical.

25 comments:

  1. Delicious pudding. Loving its simplicity and its complex and extremely cute designing too ;)

    Love your daughter's name. 'Ridhi' I haven't heard it before and yup so its unique :) short and sweet name. She will love it when she grows up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats dear and good luck.. Cokoing being your passion you will have time to do that for sure..

    BTW The pudding looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful name ....and hope you settle in work soon and pudding looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. MD, I can relate myself to every word u have written abt ur daughter :) I started name search from my 3rd month, kept on shortlisting and searching as I was very choosy as well....finally sticking with the one from the first list :) And Ridhi is such a cute name!!

    I had the same feeling when I had to leave my daughter at 5months but am sure we mothers are more worried and we miss them more than they do :)

    I want to learn cake decorating as well...so just got few things for it....Seeing urs am tempted to the core....Now when are u teaching me that?! The biscuit pudding looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious pudding and lovely decoration...
    Loved your daughters name...unique and cute...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Ridhi' is a unique name indeed and Love the pudding , esp, the decoration part..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pudding n I love yr daughters name

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute name!
    The pudding looks luscious n devourable!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats a dilemma that almost all working mother face sooner or later. I was torn between these thoughts and now am a full time mother...I miss work badly and planning to get back asap.
    the biscuit pudding looks great. I make a similar cake...the decoration looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious pudding..Ridhi is a wonderful n perfect name ..ur daughter will def thank u for the wonderful name..

    ReplyDelete
  11. we make it a little different deliciously done dessert

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck dear..:) And this is one yummilicious pudding!!! Splendid presentation!!! And do keep posting recipes..
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice name, indeed very unique and take care lady in staying away from baby darling 10 hrs...dang that is too long, can't you take break in between to check for baby? pudding is yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I make biscuit pudding too...but never decorated it like this..urs look like a master piece dear..yummmy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love pudding! I like how you fancied it up a bit. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful name...Ridhi!! Nice.Congrats on the new addition
    What a coincidence... Ms Sherawat made my name popular too:)LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a very tempting pudding! once again, very pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ridhi is a lovely name. And I understand what you are going through. I had to do the same thing 4 years ago, when I had to resume work after my maternity leave. But then when I came back home after the first day of work, I was glad to see my baby happily jumping to me :) And when I was away, he wasn't too sad.. It was just me who couldnt bear the separation..

    The chocolate biscuit pudding looks very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats to u oth on the new member and a very nice name. I can understand your feelings coz I am also back from my long break of maternity...its such a pain to leave our lil one's back and work :) wish you all the luck and I am sure u being a passionate cook will find to post new things...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Even i am back after a long break...Superb huge bowl of crunchy pudding..luks beautifull

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh gosh yum! looks great.

    P.S. - Can't wait to see what you send me for monthly mingle! Conquer yeast!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This used to be a childhood favorite of mine. Thanks for bringing back the memories of it. Would love to give it a try one of these days!

    ReplyDelete